A Band saw a machine is a power tool with a blade that has teeth on one edge to cut various materials. It is designed to cut curves, circles, and irregular shapes on pieces of wood or metal although it can also cut straight lines. The band in the machine rides on two wheels that rotate on the same plane.Bandsaw Machine Different From A Vertical Bandsaw Machine
There are basically 2 important types of band saws depending on their use, Timber cutting band saws are used in timber mills to rip lumber. This type of band saw needs to be serviced regularly by saw filers.
Differences between Horizontal Band Saw Machine and Vertical Band Saw Machine?
- The horizontal band saw is used to cut large pieces of metal while vertical band saw can only cut small pieces.
- The horizontal band saw can cut the hardest metals but a vertical band saw can only cut pliable soft metals.
- The horizontal saws use a lot of power to cut hard metals while vertical saws only use less power.
- A vertical band saw is used to cut curves and complicated shapes while the horizontal saw cannot cut curves because it applies gravity only.
- In horizontal band saw machines, it is the blade that moves to cut the material but in vertical band saw machines the workpiece is the one that is moved across the stationery band.
- Vertical band saws are used in homes and small shops while horizontal band saws are used in big industries.